Fort Boonesborough
Kentucky History Award

Winner of 2 History Awards From the Kentucky Historical Society




2017 Fort

2017 Campground Schedule

Fort Hours and
 Admission Prices

Teacher Field Trip Information

The Iron Collection


Fort Boonesborough is open Wednesday to Sunday - 9-5  April thru October.


Re-Enactor Appreciation

Each season Fort Boonesborough collects names of participating re-enactors for “an appreciation drawing” at the end of the season. Each time a reenactor registers and participates in events in period dress at Fort Boonesborough throughout the year, he or she will have their name entered into the giveaway; the more times one participates the greater their chances to win.

reenactor appr fowler 2017

This Contemporary 18th Century Colonial American Fowler (smoothbore), fancy 42 inch octagon-to-round barrel in 62 caliber (20 gage), stocked in curly maple, was built by Master Gun builder Wayne Estes, Paris, Kentucky, for the Fort Boonesborough Foundation’s donation to the Reenactor Appreciation Drawing.

Prizes are collected from various vendors and groups who are friends of Fort Boonesborough. All prices are drawn for at the last event of the season (Winter Trade Days - Thankgsgiving Weekend) The exception is this flintlock which will be presented to a reenactor, whose name will be drawn at the Reenactment of the 1778 Siege of Boonesborough on September 24, 2017. 

fowler close ip 2017

For the Fowler drawing only, the winner  must be present at the time of the drawing. This fine piece will be presented by Bill Farmer, Fort Manager, Fort Boonesborough State Park. All other prizes will be drawn for in November  (and winner need not be present for these prizes).


Coming Soon!

The 1778 Siege of Fort Boonesborough

September 23 - 24, 2917

Re-Enactors Register Now


The Daniel Boone Memorabilia Collection

On April 15, 2017 Fort Boonesborough State Park held the official opening of The Daniel Boone Memorabilia Collection.  After a lifetime of collecting, Mr. Ray Buckberry of Bowling Green, Kentucky has donated his memorabilia collection to the Fort Boonesborough Foundation. The Foundation has placed the collection on loan to the State Park. Mr. Buckberry along with members of the foundation joined together for the opening at 1:30 pm inside the fort. Learn More


Fort Boonesborough Foundation
 Rifle Fund Raiser for 2017

rifle 17

Purchase Tickets at an Upcoming 2017 Event - Online ticket Ordering

descendants logo small

3rd Annual

A Gathering of Descendants

We want to thank everyone who participated in the 3rd Annual Gathering of Descendants. Folks had a chance to share and learn about their ancestors who came to Fort Boonesborough in the 18th century and played a part in the early settlement of Kentucky.


Plan Your Educational Field Experience

Information for Teachers including curriculum resources for planning an educational field experience to Fort Boonesborough is now online.  In previous years teachers could request the information but as of 2013 all of this information about how to get the most out of a trip to the fort is available here. Click here to see video clips, curriculum materials, information about attending on the Friday before Siege Weekend and our special November School Days and other options.


Thanks to all who participated in


Women on the Frontier
April 22-23, 2017

Frontier Remedies, Food, Fiber & Farm Chores


Thanks to all the participants in the 2016 Siege of Fort Boonesborough

See additional photos at


 Book Sold by
Fort Boonesborough Foundation



Fort Boonesborough is one of Kentucky's most historic places and, although seldom mentioned in popular accounts, women were present from the very beginning. This work includes women whose presence at the fort can be reasonably documented by historical evidence. The time period was limited to the years between 1774, when the fort was established, and 1784, when the threat of Indian attacks had subsided and the fort's stockade walls were taken down.

Book is also available for purchase in the Transylvania Store.


Authentic Powder Horn Donated to
Fort Boonesborough Foundation


Keith Crawford and his wife Angela donated the above powder horn to The Fort Boonesborough Foundation during the June “Gathering of Descendants” Event. The original powder horn will remain on permanent display at the Fort. Special thanks to the Crawford’s for this incredible donation. To see more photos and learn the story of the horn click here.


Frank T. Barnes Collection of Ironwork

Learn More....

The original Fort Boonesborough was built by Daniel Boone and his men in 1775


Website designed and maintained by Graphic Enterprises



All material contained in this site is © 2006 -2017 Fort Boonesborough